The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock. A Nandroid backup is a full system backup created in the recovery. You should create one every time you flash a new ROM or install any kind of mod. It’s the first tool you should use if you ever need to unbrick your phone.
Custom ROMs have the ability to completely overhaul any Android device, especially the devices that come with Custom Android Skins like Xiaomi. Custom ROM gives a bloatware-free OS with near Stock Android UI and design. The enthusiast community has had a love/hate relationship with the dedicated Bixby button on the recent Samsung devices. Some like it as Bixby can actually do things that Google Assistant cannot (since it’s baked deeper into One UI) but there’s been an issue for those who want to use the button for something else. Many chose to use apps including bxActions or Tasker to get the job done. But with the release of the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and the Galaxy S10e they finally started to allow it. Sadly, it could not be remapped to the Google Assistant (or any other virtual assistant).
- If you are wondering if your device will get MIUI 13 or Android 12 or 13, you can check it from our app.
- However, the recovery doesn’t offer official support for all devices due to the sheer number of phones launched each month.
- Like Lineage OS, there are plenty of other best Pie 9.0 based custom ROMs available for your device.
- If you use Lineage Custom ROMs, you can expect a 50-80% improvement in performance.
Official builds of LinageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 are now available for the original Google Pixel, Pixel XL, and the Redmi Note 8/Redmi Note 8T. Getting back to stock uses the same techniques used to install ROMs and mods in the first place. If you’re accustomed to working with a rooted phone stock firmware ROM, there should be nothing in this guide that’s peculiar or alarming. Finally, you might want to relock your bootloader as well.
- The problem is that Xiaomi is slow in maintaining the security patch and Major upgrades; It has a Mid-level Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665.
- Custom themes are possible again using Custom OneUI Theme Installer.
- Download ZTE firmware update gadget is very important as many of its owners regularly make the upgrades in order to make their gadgets to function better.
- However, the outstanding prices of both the products will force most buyers to overlook their respective shortcomings.
- Fastboot Mode is separate from the operating system and offers many useful options such as install Stock ROM, install Custom ROM, TWRP etc.
The ROM supports both projects trebled ROMs and Non-trebled ROMs. Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone. Copyright © Best full guides for upgrade firmware all devices – 2023. You can flash Redmi Note 8 Pro Android Phone Firmware with Flash tool. Here you can find detailed information about firmware flashing with Flash tool. Everyone can read or write a parameter like the data functions on the smartphone via one-time programming (OTP).
Early leaks suggest that Redmi may be planning to release the Redmi Note 8 very soon, possibly alongside the Redmi 4K Smart TV. Now, a new Xiaomi device has passed through the FCC, giving us our first look at the live images of what is the Redmi Note 8, and further indicating a possible launch in the US as well. The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has been extending LineageOS 17.1 support to new devices ever since the ROM made its debut earlier this year in April. Over the last couple of months, the team has added support for devices like the ASUS ROG Phone II, Google Pixel 3 series, Xiaomi Mi A1, OnePlus One, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 4, and many more.